Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Random Thursday: What I Love/Hate About Valentine's Day....



Lin, Katrin and I have a fun topic for you this week - and one we're pretty sure won't be hard for you guys!



You probably won't be too surprised, but I come down more on the "hate" side of Valentine's day myself. Not that I really care much either way - I'm more or less indifferent to it.

But I am in favour of any excuse to tell someone you love them. So, even though you'll never catch me dead with flowers or heart-shaped boxes of chocolate, here's a couple of things I will be enjoying.

1. Taking my cat to the vet. Okay, so enjoying isn't really the right word for it - poor guy hates the vet. But it's what we're doing with our Friday night (coincidence - it's when we could get an appointment) and I am looking forward to him (hopefully) getting a clean bill of health. Poor dude had a partially torn ligament in one of his legs, and though he's walking fine now and we had a few harrowing days of trying to lock him up and prevent him jumping on any furniture (pretty much impossible - he's a cat), and I want to be sure he's alright.

2. Dinner out. No WAY am I cooking after spending my evening at the vet with a stressed out cat. No, I'm sensing some take away, at the very least.

3. Stray chocolates. Sometimes people bring in unwanted chocolates to work. Can't go wrong with that.

4. Well, it IS Friday. So there's that.

But most of all? I'm looking forward to VD being over for yet another year!

3 comments:

  1. I hope your cat gets a clean bill.... I hate vday as a whole.. i'm looking forward to all the marked down goodies the next day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't care much about Valentine's Day either. Hope everything will be fine with kitty and you can have some great dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes! You can NEVER go wrong with chocolate! I hope your kitty will be okay. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...