Thursday, May 8, 2014

Random Thursday: My Favourite Thing About Moms...


This week's RT topic with Lin, Katrin is all about a special person in everyone's lives - moms. This Sunday is Mother's Day (you're welcome for the reminder if you'd forgotten), so it's time to throw a little appreciation at the person who gave you life.


Moms aren't perfect - they're people after all. But even if all they did was get through pregnancy and give birth, doesn't even that require a bit of respect? I think so. But let's face it. Most moms do a helluva lot more than that. They cook, they clean, they clean up the house and fix boo boos. (Dads do this too, of course - but their day isn't for another month, so stop grumbling!)

But I think my favourite thing about moms is how they make you feel safe. I know that even as an adult, there have been times when I craved the feeling I got when I was a kid and I felt sick or was hurt and my mom tucked me into bed with a cup of tea and I just knew everything was going to be alright. (Now when I get sick I have to make my own tea, and that pretty much sucks.)

So let's show some appreciation to all the moms out there who do everything they can to make the world feel like a good place for their kids. And for putting up with all the crap we put them through, because let's face it, none of us were angels!

At the end of the day, all moms are superheroes in my book.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...