Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Wicked Wednesday - The New Sherlock Holmes (BBC)

To view image source, click on image

I have been meaning to watch the new Sherlock Holmes for ages, but I never seemed to get around to it. After spending an evening with a good friend of mine who is a huge fan of the Jeremy Brett version, I was inspired to give it a go.

So I loaded the first episode up onto my iPod and figured I'd watch the first ten minutes or so in bed since I wasn't particularly tired. Fast forward roughly an hour and 22 minutes and I'm still watching with rapt attention. So involved did I become that I actually giggled out loud at the section where Anderson (an irritating crime scene investigator) says, upon finding a key piece of evidence in Holmes' flat, "According to someone, the murderer has the case, and we found it in the hands of our favourite psychopath." To which Holmes replies, "I'm not a psychopath, Anderson, I'm a high-functioning sociopath. Do your research." Luckily J is a deep sleeper.

I have now breezed through all three episodes and am left cursing the brevity of British TV show seasons. It's going to be a long wait until it's back on air again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...