Friday, August 12, 2011

Fill in the _____ Friday

To view image source, click on image
  1. My most favourite birthday was... my 25th. Overall one of the best years of my life - I was at my most social, had that temporary lull between figuring out what to study in school and what to do with the rest of your life when you just have to do the work and had stumbled into about three really great groups of friends. Also my first birthday with current boyfriend (I know, "awwwww...."). Had a big party at a restaurant with lots of people. Felt like a rock star.
  2. My worst birthday was... warning: this could get depressing. It was the one after my parents split up. My mom rented out a hall and made a surprise party for me, all the people we knew were there, there was cake and a pile of presents... but it all just seemed really hollow, and all I could think was, "why isn't my Dad here?" Yeah. It sucked.
  3. My favourite birthday memory is... see #1 above. 
  4. The best birthday present I've ever received was... I'm pretty sure I got my first cat for my birthday. I was like 13 or 14, this was also the year after my parents split. She was such a comfort to me and, despite suffering through being named Scheherazade (Schezy for short) still seemed to like me. 
  5. Birthdays are... honestly? A lot of pressure. The more of them I have, the less I like them. I always feel like I should be excited and they should be special, but really it's just another day in the end. 
  6. My favourite age so far has been... see #1 above. But I'm really hoping that at some point in the next couple of years things will come together and I'll have a few that are even better!
Thanks, as always, to Lauren at The Little Things We Do for the blanks...and wishing her a very happy birthday! Clearly she likes them much more than I do ;) xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...