1. Did y'all hear about this? An 8-year-old kid was taken away from his mother and placed in foster care because his mother wasn't doing enough to control his weight. Considering he weighed in at 200 pounds, I gotta say, I think they had a point.
2. I am beyond ready for some down time. I've become even more cranky than usual and am finding that everything (and everyone) has suddenly developed the ability to drive me totally up the wall. Two and a half weeks. I think I can.....
3. In addition to my wedding aversion, I don't like to shop. I don't like crowds, I don't like how overpriced everything is, and I don't like trying on 20 shirts just to find one that's halfway decent. I don't even BOTHER trying to find clothing I actually like anymore. You can imagine how much I abhor shopping in Christmas crowds. Expect gifts I can buy online if you're in my family!
4. They changed the Yakisoba sauce at my local sushi place and now it tastes suspiciously like HP Sauce. Not impressed.
5. This: 17 Hilariously Disturbing Snowmen We Hope Never Come To Life
6. My desktop weather widget lied. It said it was clear skies - and sun! - all week. It is now raining, and, predictably, I'm completely unprepared. Damn you, ridiculously optimistic desktop weather widget, DAMN YOU!
7. Epiphany: I turn my ringer off on my phone at work... but I never actually remember to turn it on again when I go home. So I never hear my phone ring, and when I lose it I can't find it. As a result of these two factors, I never use the damn thing. Really, I might as well just not have one. *mind blown*
8. I don't care what Kate Moss says, there are plenty of things that taste at least as good as skinny feels. If not better.
9. I don't know if I've specifically mentioned Banksy on this blog before, but if I haven't (particularly if you're going "huh?") you need to check him out RIGHT NOW. Banksy is a street artist whose work tends towards humorous (and outrageous) social commentary. I've been a fan of his since 2004 and am constantly amazed when people don't know who he is. Spend some time googling. I promise, you won't regret it. I'm sure there will be more on this topic to come, but here's a little sample of the awesome otherwise known as Banksy:
10. My friend Chelsea (who blogs over at Time 2 Get Motivated) came over for a visit last night. She moved out of the city awhile ago, and I don't get to see her nearly as much as I would like. So spending a whole evening with her was SO MUCH FUN!! It's funny how you don't really realize how much you miss someone until you see them again!
I'm off to slog through some rain, hopefully at least some of you are less soggy than I will likely be by the time I make it across town!