Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Random Thursday: If I Didn't Have to Work...


Lin, Sarah and I are back with yet another Random Thursday topic for you to sink your teeth into! This week's all about fantasyland. We want to know: What would you do if you didn't have to work?


This is the perfect topic for a wintery Thursday in November when most of you are probably at work, daydreaming about being anywhere else and doing anything else! Share your daydreams!

1. Travel

Well, really, who wouldn't? There are so many places in the world I'd love to see, and in my experience I learn more about myself by meeting people whose experiences and culture are very diffeernt from my own. I'd love to spend a year living in another country, and would love to travel somewhere new every year!

2. Get an awesome camera!

I love taking pictures, but I find that the camera equipment really does make a difference to the quality of the images you produce. I'd also love to take more photography classes and learn how to find the best light and work on composition.

3. Sleep in every. Damn. Day.
You know, so I don't feel like this all the time.
 
You have no idea how much I abhor mornings. You know I'm serious when I start throwing around words like "abhor." Every morning hurts, and every morning I wish I'd gone to bed earlier. But, of course, I never do.

4. Learn to cook

I love good, healthy, delicious food, but by the end of an 8-hour work day and 2-hour commute, the last thing I want to do is slave in the kitchen. I've perfected the art of the fast meal, but I'd love to have the time to prepare proper dinners!

5. Volunteer

Nothing gives me more satisfaction than doing a job well for a cause I believe in. I'd love to be able to choose how to spend my time and work with organizations that benefit those with little money.

6. Go back to school

I loved being in school. I loved learning, being exposed to informatio I never would have found myself, and engaging in intelligent discussion with my peers. I'd love to go back and get a Masters - even a doctorate - but I just don't have the time or money to do it! Ah well, a girl can dream, right?

What do you dream of doing if only there were more hours in the day? Link up and share!

3 comments:

  1. Great ideas! I love that u would take up photography! Thinking I should add that to my list as well!

    -Simone

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bahaha, that picture of the man slumped over the bench is hilarious! That's totally me when I dont get enough sleep, except Im hunched over my keyboard at work.

    I like the idea of going back to school but actually 'doing' it is a totally different thing. Dont think I'd stick it out. I'm lazy like that. I will however learn how to cook. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank goodness I'm not the only freak who has put learning into their list! I used to enjoy learning just for the fun of it, but it definitely sucks if you have to do it! =)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...