It's time for Random Thursday, hosted by Lin, Sarah, and myself! Welcome (and welcome back) to everyone who's joining us this week! We're looking forward to reading your posts on this week's topic, which is:
If I Had $1 Million...
We've all thought about what we'd do if we won the lottery or if a rich relative we didn't know about left us a large inheritance, so why not share those plans with us. What would you do if you had $1 Million...buy your dream car? Build a custom-made mansion? Invest? Go on a 50k shopping spree?
Realistically if I had a million dollars I'd pay off my house, buy a car and then invest the rest of it... but since no one is going to find that interesting, here's what I'd do if I wasn't trying to be responsible!
1. I'd go to Powell's Books - a.k.a. my Disneyland. It's a huge bookstore, and I'm sure I could get lost in it for days!
2. I'd buy myself some awesome leather boots. Preferably these Prada ones that I'll never be able to afford in real life!
3. I'd go to Italy. I'd love to see... well, pretty much all of it... but I'm fascinated by this village called Manarola. Here's why:
4. And of course, I'd go on a MASSIVE Sephora spree.
5. I'd take at least a month off, go somewhere pretty, and read and read and read!
6. And I'd spend some time in London, because it's pretty much my favourite place in the whole world!
7. Late addition: You guys are putting me to shame for not including a charitable idea in my millions. I meant to, but I had trouble deciding which cause and gave up. But thanks to Lin, I'm thinking I'd want to start something close to home - some scholarships for underprivileged kids to go to college or trade school (because I think it's a travesty how little financial support our government provides to educate us), after school programs for kids, and some help for those who suffer from health problems (primarily mental) whose support was cut a few years back. That would be a good start!And of course, I'd either set up a no-kill animal shelter, or help fund one. I'm sure I'd also end up adopting a few new ones...
I'm sure there are plenty of other fun things I'd do... but those are the ones that come to mind! What would you do? Where would you go? Share and link up below!