Friday, March 11, 2011

Fill in the Blank Friday


To view image source, click on image.
  1. My biggest accomplishment in life thus far is... I suppose finishing university was a measurable one. But to be honest, I feel as if most of my major accomplishments have been internal rather than external. Dealing with some emotional fallout from my family, leaving home as soon as I finished school (like literally, the day after graduation) and facing down all my weird commitment and relationship issues have been big for me.
  2. My favourite place to sit in my house is... the reclining chair. It's so comfy! I love wrapping myself up in a blanket burrito-style and watching a good movie. It's the cosiest thing ever.
  3. My fashion philosophy is... ??? Don't have one. Just wear what I like.
  4. Something every girl should have is... self esteem. Seriously, if you've got that covered, the rest will take care of itself.
  5. If you looked in my purse right now you'd find... My iPod and charger, phone, moleskin journal, over-stuffed wallet, mirror, business card case, fleece-lined knit mittens, my insulin 'n' stuff, little bag of toiletries (eyelash curler, mascara, etc.), some lifesavers, a fountain pen, hand sanitizer (little bit of a germophobe), bus pass, Micheals coupons, keys, gum, hand cream, hairtie and oh, about 20 different lipsticks, glosses and balms. Yeah, my purse needs spring cleaning.
  6. My favourite music right now is... I'd have to do a whole separate post on that one. I've been digging Florence and the Machine, the new Radiohead album and some old faves like Atmosphere, Pharcyde and People Under the Stairs.
  7. My favourite part of my body is... this is a really tough question for me right now, as I've been struggling with my body for the last six years. Well, the last 15, to a certain extent (since I got diabetes). I've had serious back problems since about 2005, and for about four years that prevented me from participating in any regular physical activity. I found this really difficult - not only because I lost the option of doing things I love like skiing and yoga, but also because I gained weight, which is something I've never really had to worry about, since I've always been fairly active. I finally had back surgery nearly two years ago and am now trying to work through the physical and mental repercussions of that. I have to say though, despite all that has gone wrong with my body, I'm working hard to appreciate that I'm not in constant, chronic pain anymore. I can sometimes go a whole day only noticing it a couple of times. Next step - yoga class!
Thanks to Lauren at The Little Things We Do for another fill in the blank Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...