Monday, September 19, 2011

Fill in the _____ Friday


First of all, let me say sorry it's a few days late! I have been having computer problems (namely the damn thing doesn't want to start up or let me do anything for more than 5 minutes without crashing) which has put a crimp in even the best of blogging intentions. Hopefully I'll be back on track this week!
  1. You should always take time to... breathe. Okay, obviously we all breathe all the time, otherwise we'd be dead, so shut up you smartasses. You know what I mean. Really breathing. The kind that goes right to the tip of your toes and that you feel with your entire being. I know I often breathe less deeply when I'm busy, stressed or annoyed (like on transit) and after a little while I feel like I'm hyperventilating! Breathing deeply is the one most useful thing I have learned from yoga class, and something that I still need to work on doing more often!
  2. Small acts of kindness... make the world a happier place to be.
  3. I can hardly wait for... my boss to get back from vacation. She's only been gone two days and already I feel frazzled! I welcome the opportunity to take on more responsibility and really put my head down and work hard, but I'll still be relieved when this month is over!
  4. Saturday... is my favourite day of the week. Actually, I know it's not really a day of the week and doesn't happen every week - but any day that I am supposed to be working and am not is my favourite. It's like found time. Unless I'm sick. Then not so much.
  5. Something totally dumb and ridiculous that I love is... how to pick just one?? Okay, I love Bridget Jones' Diary. The book and the movie, but more often the movie. I don't know what it is - perhaps the combination of a main character who ends up in ridiculous situations (as we all do, if not quite so dramatically), the British accents, and England as the backdrop that make it incredibly comforting. Or maybe it's that I watched it a lot during a year that was both really difficult and turned out to be a really good life change. I know it's not great cinema. But whatever the reason, I always find it makes me feel very cosy and at home.
  6. If I could, I would... spend my life learning new skills and information.
  7. I rather like... the feeling of Autumn in the air. Most people out there would probably shoot me for saying this, but I don't really like Summer all that much. It's too hot and muggy, and I enjoy wearing layers and not having to worry if I haven't waxed my legs. I like that it's still sunny out there, but a little cooler and not yet raining. Gorgeous.
Thanks again to Lauren at The Little Things We Do for the blanks - even if I'm a little late on filling them in this week! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...