Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Shaw Can Suck It.


I'm blogging because I'm too bored and frustrated to do anything else. J. wants to watch the Rugby World Cup. We don't currently get the sports channels, so I stupidly helpfully offered to call Shaw to add the required channel. Simple, right? I mean, all I want is for them to flip some kind of switch somewhere and charge me something ridiculous like an extra $10 or $15 a month for their trouble. But no. Not simple at all, as it turns out.

I have now been on hold for 45 minutes listening to really, really bad music on a loop interspersed with ads that are either annoying, unhelpful or flat out lies (I seriously doubt that working at Shaw is an "exciting career in a dynamic environment" as the scarily cheerful woman keeps telling me). So just in case any of you out there reading this work for Shaw, you might want to pass this on: if you hire more people to answer your damn phones you will make enough money to pay their salaries from the hundreds of people calling to spend stupid amounts of money who give up in frustration after the first 20  minutes. Think about it.


**another ten minutes later: Did you know that if you start to type "on hold frustrated" in Google, the autofill pops up "on hold frustrated shaw"? Take a hint, guys.


**another ten minutes later: I've been on hold for so long now that while I know I should hang up, it's become a war of wills. I WILL outlast this stupid tapeloop. I'm determined. You bastard.


**another ten minutes later:


**another ten minutes later:


Aw, f*ck it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...