Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Ten on Tuesday

1. I'm feeling very much like I could use some time off. Everything lately feels like a chore, and I don't want to do any of it. Just waiting for that lottery to come through...

2. I finally tidied my desk at work a bit. It still looks cluttered, but at least now I know what most of the clutter is. (Except my paper inbox. I'll deal with that... you know.... never.)

3. I got my Favourite Things swap package from Lin last week! I've even started writing my blog post about it. I'm hoping to find the charger for my camera battery tonight so that I can retrieve the photos I took that are currently being held hostage - then I'll be able to share with you guys the awesomeness that is Lin!

4. I spent a lot of time yesterday trying to get inspiration for a blog I'm running at work. So I came across some interesting YouTube videos. This one was my favourite:



5. One of the ladies I work with just told us that she's leaving for another job - which is great news for her! It has also made be start thinking about what I want next out of my career. As much as I love the people I work with (most of the time, anyway), I can't say I'm entirely happy. The problem is that I have no idea what I want to do with my life - just a vague concept that reviewing books or writing for an online blog or magazine might be nice - and therefore no idea how to get from where I am to where I want to be. Sometimes I wish being a grown up involved less big decisions and self-starting.

6. I am losing my hockey pool at work. *sad face*

7. I have embarked on a mission to eat healthier food - mainly because I went to the eye doctor and got some serious answers to some serious questions about diabetes and blindness. I love reading and watching TV (and, you know, not bumping into stuff when I walk around town) so much that I am inspired to try and do a better job of controlling my blood sugars. I don't know if it will last, however I DID turn down ice cream cake today. I know, I have an iron will. Admit it, you're all impressed.

8. I intensely dislike my daily commute. One of the perks of moving is that I will get an entirely different horrible commute to look forward to. Here's hoping it has less pokey umbrellas and elbows and better views.

9. This:


10. I can't think of anything else, so fuck off now please.

1 comment:

  1. 1. Story of my life.
    2. Yay for a tidy desk! I'm completely anal about having a neat desk. Everything has to be in it's designated place when I leave & always know if something's moved. Strange. I know.
    3. Hurry it up, people need to see my awesomeness, like now. haha
    4. Ahhh...no! I'm scare of heights.
    5. You'll figure out where you're supposed to be soon enough. And if not, well you can always come work for me when I open up my etching store :)
    6. Nooo!
    7. I'm very impressed. Good for you! I probably would have taken a piece & jacked someone else's piece as they looked the other way.
    8. Commuting sucks balls. Big ugly ones. One day we'll be rich & can just stay home & still make money. One day.
    9. Bahahaha!
    10. Holy fuck, I think this is my all time favorite! lmfao

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...